Wind Turbine Skystream3.7
Put Yourself in Charge of Your Home's Energy Needs
Take control of your home's energy needs by harnessing a free resource'the wind. How? With a residential wind generator from Skystream«. Designed for homes just like yours, the smart, modern Skystream 3.7 converts wind into electricity you can use. It lowers your electric bill by as much as 80%, protects you against volatile electricity prices, reduces your dependence on foreign oil, and produces clean energy that doesn't affect global warming. Most importantly, it provides independence and stability for you and your family.
The Skystream« 3.7 is a fully integrated, utility-connected wind generator designed specifically for homes and small businesses. In simple terms, it shows you've taken charge of your home's energy needs. It's a symbol of independence.
Who can install this system?
Southwest Windpower recommends installing Skystream 3.7 at sites with the following criteria:
- Adequate wind resource: Minimum average wind speed for Skystream 3.7 is 10 mph (4.5 m/s). Ideal sites have 12 mph (5.4 m/s) average wind or greater.
- Site free from obstructions: Clean, unobstructed wind is best for Skystream 3.7. The top of the tower should be a minimum of 20 feet (6.5 m) above any surrounding object within a 250 foot (76 m) radius. Although the machine can be installed on smaller lots of land, properties of one acre or more are typically ideal as they will more likely have unobstructed wind.
- Suitable zoning: Tower installation must comply with local zoning regulations. It is also advisable to make sure there are no HOA (Home Owner Association) regulations that prohibit the use of towers.
- Interconnection with utility: Local utility must allow for interconnection. The 1979 federal PURPA act requires small systems can connect to the electrical grid; but interested consumers should consult their local utility.
- Electricity cost of $0.10/kWh or greater: Interested parties should consult with their local utility or look at their electric bill.
|Model|| Skystream 3.7|
|Rated Capacity|| 2.4 kW|
|Weight|| 170 lb (77 kg)|
|Rotor Diameter|| 12 ft (3.72 m)|
|Swept Area|| 115.7 ft 2 (10.87 m2)|
|Type|| Downwind rotor with stall regulation control|
|Direction of Rotation|| Clockwise looking upwind|
|Blades|| 3-Fiberglass reinforced composite|
|Rated Speed|| 50 - 325 rpm|
|Maximum Tip Speed|| 216.5 ft/s (66 m/s)|
|Alternator|| Slotless permanent magnet brushless|
|Yaw Control|| Passive|
|Grid Feeding|| Southwest Windpower inverter 120-240 VAC 50-60 Hz|
|Battery Charging|| Battery sensor available for battery charging systems|
|Braking System|| Electronic stall regulation with redundant relay switch control|
|Cut-in Wind Speed|| 8 mph (3.5 m/s)|
|Rated Wind Speed|| 29 mph (13 m/s)|
|User Control|| Wireless 2 way interface remote system|
|Survival Wind Speed|| 140 mph (63 m/s)|
|Warranty|| 5 year limited warranty|
Skystream 3D Product Demo
You can upgrade the product by selecting the respective upgrade below.