The Rutland 504 Windturbine
Small Windmill for Windpower
Rutland Windturbines simply convert the free and abundant power in the wind to power stored in your
batteries. The 12V power is ready to use for engine starting, lights, coolers, essential navigation
equipment and other low energy appliances. With a Rutland 504 installed on board weekend sailors
will experience the convenience of fully charged batteries for engine starting.
What’s new in Rutland 504?
- The Rutland 504 features new aerodynamic styling.
- A sharper nose dome to improve the flow of wind to the turbine.
- A longer tail fin to improve the orientation of the turbine to wind and maintain stability.
- Higher grade body and nose material with improved UV stability and durability.
Rutland Wind turbines are a popular sight in marinas,
thousands are in use worldwide and boat owners like
their particularly quiet operation coupled with clean,
The Rutland 504 model continues to incorporate the “safety turbine” found on its highly successful
predecessor the Rutland 503. The blade tips are protected by the outer ring making this wind generator
ideal for trickle charging on board where space is at a premium. Weekend yachts and sailboats up to
10m benefit from its compact size and charging capacity and in particular where batteries up to 100Ah
are in regular use.
Motor home and touring caravan owners will find the Rutland 504 windmillconveniently portable and ideal
for topping up the battery when parked.
When you fit a Rutland Windturbine you will experience:
- Direct savings on fuel costs and engine maintenance owing to reduced engine running time
- Security of power for essential appliances on-board, eg. navigation equipment
- Fully charged batteries for engine starting on returning to your boat.
... and don’t forget that by keeping your battery trickle charged its life will be extended too!
Modern, durable materials for reliability on the
high seas accompany the very high manufacturing
standards employed in our ISO9002 certified factory.
Features & Benefits
- Efficient power conversion – Rutland Windturbine generate greater ampere-hours in real wind conditions than turbines of equal and often larger diameter! That’s because between gusts, our unique high inertia alternator designs maintain momentum with a flywheel effect where other units stall. This adds up to more free power generated and stored for you.
- Rutland Windturbine are the lowest cost per watt of power generated. Not only is the generator efficient but volume production for our worldwide customers and in-house manufacturing here at Marlec ensures that we deliver a consistently high quality at an affordable cost.
- Our low friction 3-phase alternator gives a smooth and silent output. The low wind speed start up means power is almost continuously produced and certainly in the most typical conditions as well as being powerful in higher winds.
- Rutland 504 turbines are made from computer designed efficient aerofoil blades whose tips are joined by an outer protective ring.
- No radiated interference. Complies with EEC Directive 89/336/EEC
Low wind speed start up of just 5 Knots. Generates 25W @ 19 knots, 6W @ 10 knots and up to 80W.
Net Weight: 3.5Kg Gross Weight: 6Kg Packing Specifications: 550x550x260mm Part No: CA-05/02 (12V)
You can upgrade the product by selecting the respective upgrade below.